Scholarship Name: PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child at UGC 2012-2013
Offered by: University Grants Commission
Programmes: Post Graduate
Scholarship can be taken at: India
Age: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
For details and information on eligibility, please click here.
- the number of slots for scholarships available under the schemes are 1200 per year
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- the value of Scholarship is Rs.2,000/- p.m for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
- No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their families.
How to apply:
The candidate is required to submit an application prescribed format;
- Proof of admission to 1st Year Master's degree course in a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
- A certificate from the College/University where student have taken admission to first year PG Course in the current academic year.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 03, 2012