The governing body of the board comprise of different members at different cadres. The Board constitute of a Chairman, 7 Ex- officio members including Vice Chairman, 7 Elected Members, 17 Members nominated by the Government of Rajasthan, 2 Members nominated by Speaker of Legislative Assembly of Rajasthan and 2 Co-opted members. The tenure of the Board is fixed for three years. As the board is an important part of the State, its Chairman is appointed by Rajasthan Government and Director of Secondary Education is Vice-Chairman of it.
The Board is responsible for framing of syllabus, conducting examination, determining fee structure etc. Varieties of subjects are provided to students to gain excel in these subjects are provided below-:
1. Rajasthan Adhyyan – It is a compulsory subject taught to all classes from primary level to Senior Secondary level. A study of Rajasthan is provided to students so that they can develop awareness and knowledge about the state in which they live.
2. Hindi – Students are taught essay writing, letter writing, simplifying the language in their own terms etc so that students can express their feeling more effectively and efficiently in their mother tongue.
3. Sanskrit – Sanskrit is one of the optional languages in the syllabus. It is taught to students so that they can inculcate command over it and learn moral and cultural values through it.
4. English – Gerunds, Participles, conditional clauses, cohesive devices, different stories, poems etc are taught to students so that they can use appropriate English to communicate in various social settings.
5. Mathematics – Students are taught different figures like lines, circles, triangles, their importance in solving problem sums, their construction, menstruation, graphs etc.
6. Science – Nature and behaviors of different chemical substances, metals, non metals, process of life, and transportation in human as well as animals are provided to students so that they can develop their mental aptitude towards their surroundings.
7. Social Science – Development or growth in the field of transportation, communication and trade, various types of resources like mineral resources, water resources etc are provided.
8. Physical and Health Education – includes Sports, games, gymnastic, yoga, Athletics, dance etc. so that students have interest and capability in every field.
9. S.U.P.W. & CS – Students are taught how to keep their surroundings clean, various vocational activities etc..
10. Art Education – Drawing, painting, coloring through crayons, water colours, etc. are provided to develop a sense of organization and design in students.
11. History – Harrapan Archeology, Mahabharat, Buddhism, Mughal rule, their Courts, life style, rulers etc. are taught to students in order to provide them a detailed overview of old age.
12. Political Science – Students are taught the scenario or politics in India before and after independence, the difficulties faced in independence and after it so that students become aware of the life during that time.
13. Economics – Consumer behavior and demand, concepts like national income, its aggregates, state contributing maximum to it, policy and role of tax in national income etc. are provided so that students can observe and understand economic realities.
14. Sociology – Structure of Indian Society, Social Institution, evil practices like untouchability, caste system etc. is taught in order to enhance their familiarity with society.
15. Home Science – Human development, fabric and apparel science & cookery are taught to students.
16. Philosophy – Knowledge and truth, casual principles, nature of reality, idealism and realism etc. are provided in this subject.
17. Public Adm – Constitution of Indian Administration, Personnel Administration, State Administration etc. are provided to students so that they can understand the prevailing government set up and enhance their general knowledge.
18. Computer Science\Multimedia & Web Technology\Informatic Practice – Students are taught business computing, programming, relation database management system etc in order to develop their ability to use Open Source Technology.
19. Accountancy – Accounting for different partnership firms, for not profit business, cash flow statement etc are taught to students are Senior Secondary level in Commerce Stream.
20. Business Studies – Principles of Management, importance and significance of it, consumer protection, financial markets etc. are taught to students in order to encapsulate management skills.
21. Typing and Short Hand typing– The skill of developing fast typing speed in both English and Hindi is provided to students.
22. Physics\Chemistry\Biology\Geology – Any students who have opted for Science Stream at Senior Secondary level are required to study any of the three subjects of their own choice.
23. Agriculture – At Senior Secondary Stage students has also offered Agriculture Stream which is new steps taken by board in the direction of framing their syllabus.
The fee structure determined by the board for the students is highly economical. Students of Primary stage are provided free education, mid day meal and free uniform under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan of Central Government.
To college from School
The education provided by the board makes students competent to get admission in any college or university as per their will. The students are well prepared to clear the entrance examination of any college and get into their desired technical or non technical branch.
Comparison with other boards of International Standards
The board has consulted with expert people in the field of education for formulating their course structure. The course structure as well as text books provided by it provides same level of information or knowledge which is provided by other boards of international standard.
Pros and Cons of the System
Ignorance towards foreign language like Latin, French etc is the greatest disadvantage of the board. But the board also provides various benefits or positive features like inclusion of technical subjects like Multimedia & Web Technology prepares students in their future life.
Choosing the right school for your parents
Rajasthan is a big State in which board has established school at every corner including villages and remote area. Parents should prefer schools that are located in cities because it gives more opportunity to develop and flourish. Ambience of the school, type of education provided etc. should be exhaustively analyzed by the parents before making any decision.