University Name: NITTE University
Exam: NITTE University UG Entrance Test (NUUGET) 2013
Programmes: MBBS and BDS
Candidates who fulfill the following criteria shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance Test, namely:
- A candidate who has passed the Second year Pre - University or 12th standard or equivalent examination not earlier to 2011 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together. However in case of SC/ST candidates it is 40% .Candidates whose 10+2 results are not yet announced may also apply. However they shall submit the attested copies of the marks card before 20.6.2013 so that they can be considered for counseling, if eligible as per the above criteria.
- Must be 17 or more years of age as on 31-12-2013.
- Must be a citizen of India.
For details and information on eligibility, please click here.
How to apply:
- Application forms can also be downloading the application form from our website www.nitte.edu.in and by paying the registration fee of Rs.1000/- by way of Demand Draft favouring Nitte University payable at Mangalore.
- The filled application with all relevant documents should be sent to the Registrar, Nitte University, Deralakatte, Mangalore (D.K) – 575 018, Karnataka, India by Speed Post so as to reach before the last date or may be handed over in person at the University Office on any working day before the last date (30-04-2013). Candidates should superscribe the sealed envelope carrying application form : "Application for NUUGET- 2013". Test Admission Ticket (TAT) for the Entrance Test will be sent by post to the postal address furnished by the candidate in the TAT.
Mode of conducting the test:
- Entrance Test will be conducted in English.
- There will be a question paper of 3 hours duration consisting of 180 multiple choice questions (one booklet). Subject wise distribution of questions would be: Physics - 60, Chemistry - 60 and Biology - 60 (There will be at least 4 versions (A,B,C and D) of the question paper booklet and therefore serial number of question differs from version to version.)
- Questions will be of multiple choice type, each having one correct answer out of four alternatives.
- Answer sheet is of Optical Mark Reader (OMR) type and is to be marked as per instruction on it, using a black or blue ball point pen.
- Each question carries one mark. Correct answer will be awarded one mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The final rank list is generated based on the scores in the Entrance Test for those who score 50% or more. Ties in the test score, if any, will be resolved on the basis of Inter Se Merit in the order as defined below :
- Chemistry + Biology Marks in Entrance Test
- Biology Marks in Entrance Test
Test Centres: Bengaluru / Ernakulam/ Mumbai /Mangalore/New Delhi
- Last date for receipt of application by the University: April 30, 2013.
- Date of Entrance Test: May 13, 2013.
Contact Numbers: Tel. 0824-2204300/01/02