University Name: Dr. Y S Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan
Programmes: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- M Sc degree in concerned/ allied discipline with research thesis/ dissertation submitted in partial fulfilment of the Programme in the concerned discipline from a recognized University under ICAR system with an OGPA of 6.50/10.00 or its equivalent under course credit system or at least 65% marks in annual system of examination.
- M Phil degree with research component in concerned/allied discipline from a recognized university under UGC system of education with at least 6.50/10.00 or its equivalent under course credit system with at least 65% marks in annual/semester of M Sc level.
- For Forestry discipline candidates with AIFC diploma or M Sc (Forestry) Agroforestry having the above OGPA/percentage will also be eligible.
- For Ph D Agroforestry, the candidates with M Sc (Forestry) Agroforestry/ Forestry/ Horticulture/Agriculture/Animal Science/AIFC diploma having the above mentioned OGPA are also eligible.
For details and information on eligibility, please click here.
How to apply:
- Application forms can also be downloaded from the university website: http://www.yspuniversity.ac.in
- Prospectus and application form can be obtained from the office of the Registrar, Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, (Nauni) Solan (HP) - 173 230 India on payment of Rs. 1000/- in cash at counter or by sending bank draft favouring the comptroller of this university worth Rs. 1050/- payable at State Bank of Patiala, Nauni or UCO Bank, Nauni.
The basis of admission shall be merit as determined by the result of the qualifying degree examination.While determining the merit, weightage will be added to the result of the qualifying degree examination for sports, NSS and other co-curricular activities.
Last date for receipt of application form: December 29, 2012.
Contact Numbers: Tel. 01792 252219