University Name: National Institute of Technology (NIT) Agartala, Tripura
Programmes: PhD in
Computer Science and Engineering
Hydro informatics Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Humanities and Social Sciences:
Ph.D programme in Engineering:
- Master's Degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent (60Yo of marks).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology with an excellent academic record and with a CGPA of at least 9.0 out of 10 or equivalent (85% of marks) Candidates must have valid GATE score.
- Candidates of Science with master's Degree in appropriate branch of science with a CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent (60Yo of marks) will also be eligible for pursuing Ph.D in engineering. NET/ GATE qualified candidates will be given preference.
Ph.D programme in Science:
- Candidates for admission to Ph.D programme in Science Departments must have a Master's Degree in the relevant Discipline (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics) with a minimum of 55oh of marks in the subject or equivalent.
Ph.D programme in Humanities and Social Science:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D programme in Humanities and Social Science must have a master's degree with a minimum of 55oh marks or equivalent.
For details and information on eligibility, please click here.
How to apply:
- Application forms can also be downloaded from the university website: http://www.nitagartala.in/NITAmain/academics/academicsNotice.html
- Duly filled in application form along with a demand draft of Rs. 500A (Five hundred) for OP & OBC candidates and that of Rs. 300/- for SC and ST candidates to be drawn in favour of Registrar, NIT Agartala, Payable at SBI' NIT' Agartala branch (Code -11491)
On receipt of applications the candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions are called for interview (Written I Oral). Selection is made on the basis of performance of the candidates in the test / interview and availability of seats.
- Last Date of Submitting Application Form: December 3, 2012
- Date of Interview / written test: December 17, 2012
Contact Numbers: Tel. 0381-2348537