University Grants Commission (UGC) invites online applications for the award of Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for the academic session 2011-13. The purpose of this scholarship is to support post-graduate education through scholarships to such girls who happen to be the only child in the family.
Name of the Scholarship Scheme
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for academic session 2011-13
Last date for applying for scholarship: 25 September 2011
- Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only.
- Admission to PG Course in distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Age: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Amount of Scholarship
The number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received in stipulated time frame in the UGC.
It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
The value of Scholarship is Rs 2,000 per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
How to Apply
Interested eligible candidates should submit applications through online mode. Applicant will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents while applying online:
- An affidavit on Rs 50 Stamp paper, from the student/ parent duly attested by SDM/ First Class Magistrate/ Gazatted Officer.
- A Joining report from College/ University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course.
Note: Candidate will not be able to submit her application unless above mentioned documents are uploaded.