Results 1 to 10 of 11 Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

My Journey of CLAT

This is a discussion on My Journey of CLAT within the CLAT related discussions forums, part of the Law Exams category; Every year thousands of law aspirant seat for the exam called Clat to get in the top law colleges of ...

Master Gyani
    bamrita47 is a jewel in the rough bamrita47 is a jewel in the rough bamrita47 is a jewel in the rough bamrita47 is a jewel in the rough
    Groans:

Groaned 10 Times in 9 Posts

hyperlink this post

What happens when the dark knight rises ?

Every year thousands of law aspirant seat for the exam called Clat to get in the top law colleges of India. However, as known to all that only few of them will be able to grab a seat in those law colleges for themselves. Well is it all hard work which makes one reach to one's dream college! The answer is nope. Luck also plays an important role in this selection examination.
    Dose that mean one should stop working hard and leave the selection in the hands of destiny? Nope, yet again . It is one's hard work mingled with bit of optimism that enhances a person's chance to get selected in the best law colleges in country. Hard work doesn't really help one to win over this rat race. But a smart work dose. Study needs to be enjoyed. Moreover, practical approach over any concept makes that subject enjoyable.
    One should clear the fundamentals of math, grammar. Rest cramming up is little required for the words, idioms and bit of social studies. Reading article on regular basis from any reputed newspaper is worth reading. I personally feel one should try to scribble down the fact from the " story" as published by newspapers. One should extract out the lawful intent from news reports. Trust me those are the best source to get one's legal reasoning strong. Grab any suitable book for legal reasoning. Spend atleast 1hour for logical section. M.k panday is an awesome book . For math one must read the theorem and formula and solve too. Read any good book for gk, although am not sure how much will that be useful . Make sure u provide 4 hours for studies and crown will come automatically to you. In the midst of clat and board preparation don't ever dare to forget enjoying life. Have party and gather positive thought process which will serve as your Key to beat down the darkness of insecurity. Clat is not the end of one's life. Read, explore and above all pray to god. He makes miracle . So, see you soon in law school
  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bamrita47 For This Useful Post:

achyuth19 (12-16-2012), aloka (12-18-2013), likithapurushotham@gmail.com (10-20-2013), medharao (05-05-2013)

Junior Gyani
    mansi is an unknown quantity at this point
    Groans:

Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

hyperlink this post

My thoughts about CLAT

A free space for you guys to express your thoughts and views on CLAT
  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mansi For This Useful Post:

chandra014 (08-22-2012)

Junior Gyani
    anurag25 is infamous around these parts
    Groans:

Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

hyperlink this post

Re: My thoughts about CLAT

you marketed via batman your evil
    Expert Gyani
    Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future Sunny12 has a brilliant future
    Groans:

Groaned 36 Times in 28 Posts

Thanked 1,706 Times in 274 Posts
    hyperlink this post

My Journey of CLAT

In July 2010 I got to know about CLAT after seeing a presentation by my teachers titled What to do after 12th in which law exams was suggested as one of the options.I started my preparation in twelfth from that day itself. In my city not much coaching was available so i decided to prepare it all by myself. I got books like universal's guide, Arihant, A.P Bharadwaj and Pearson's G.K manual. The only help that i had was my dad's friend who is a lawyer in Allahabad High Court. The biggest problem that I faced during my preparation was time management between the twelfth board exam preparation and the CLAT exam preparation but somehow I tackled this problem. The struggle didn't end here i studied for almost 8 to 9 hours after my board exams. And finally on 28th may 2011 I got the great news of clearing CLAT and was able to make it to one of my dream law schools WBNUJS, Kolkata.
  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny12 For This Useful Post:

abhilash.khajuria.39 (12-12-2012), aloka (12-18-2013), kashish_pathak (11-07-2012), naiyyas (11-06-2012), sky (12-15-2012), vikram7654 (11-07-2012)

Trainee Gyani
    naiyyas will become famous soon enough naiyyas will become famous soon enough
    Groans:

Groaned 5 Times in 4 Posts

hyperlink this post

Re: My Journey of CLAT

thanx for sharing your expirience... :)
    Trainee Gyani
    archit.gupta.56 is on a distinguished road
    Groans:

Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

hyperlink this post

I got to know about CLAT through a friend during my 11th class. Someone advised me LST Career Launcher for coaching and after taking advice from law students , i joined LST Classes in Delhi. Apart from coaching, i subscribed to Sriram Mock Tests and various magazines like Competition Success Review, Frontline for staying updated with current affairs. I also studied books like Universal Guide to llb, Legal GK by Universal Publications. I stopped studying for CLAT three months before board examinations. After board exams i studied for CLAT regularly, at least 10 hours a day including regular mock tests and GK supplements. But hard work payed off in the end when the results were declared and I was able to make it to one of top law universities in India.
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to archit.gupta.56 For This Useful Post:

suryansh16 (11-09-2012)

Master Gyani
    utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold utkarshrivast is a splendid one to behold
    Groans:

Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

hyperlink this post

Summer of 2010....barely two months and the country's toughest Law exam was approaching. the sole reason of appearing for it was because i couldn't make it to any of the IIT's. This was the only hope left. It was only later that i started developing interest but that's a different story....Some other day.

I did some research work (Google, Newspapers) to know the scope of this field. Through my dad's colleague i came to know about the Exam and i stayed in touch with his Son. Once i knew enough, i started my preparation. Internet had a big role to play. Some Law books (Universals,BHaradwaj, Mcgraw hill) proved to be of great help. Newspaper kept me updated about the Current happenings and I practiced maths daily for 2 hours. Unfortunately we did not have access to sites like Gyan central, so i was on my own. I decided against the idea of joining a coaching institute because i felt clearing CLAT shouldn't be that difficult. I made it to RMLNLU. Believe me with the aid of this Portal, Cracking CLAT should be a cakewalk. If i can, So can You........
  12. The Following User Says Thank You to utkarshrivast For This Useful Post:

suryansh16 (11-09-2012)

Trainee Gyani
    mayank.taylor has a spectacular aura about mayank.taylor has a spectacular aura about
    Groans:

Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

hyperlink this post

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=utkarshrivast;12420]

I started preparing for CLAT in the end of April 2012, barely 15 days before the entrance exam to premier law schools. This was my first attempt. Initially I was not interested in this field at all as I always dreamt of becoming a Marine Engineer and spent most of my time after ISC Boards preparing for IIT and other engineering entrances, including the entrance for marine engineering colleges. It was only after 20th April that I started my preparation for CLAT. For the next 20-25 days, till the exam day, I spent 15-18 hrs preparing for CLAT taking breaks at regular intervals. I read newspapers regularly and made an exhaustive list of all the international and national events which happened from April 2011-April 2012. Solving sample papers and previous year NLSIU, NALSAR and CLAT papers was also a great help.
    On the exam day, I was only 90% satisfied with my paper as there were a few shockers in the CLAT 2012 paper like static GK questions and Legal Knowledge questions. But still I was confident enough of getting a good rank
    The results soon came and by God's Grace, I was able to get a pretty decent rank, AIR 105 which fetched me a seat in NALSAR.
    Now I am in NALSAR and life is so good here!!!
  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mayank.taylor For This Useful Post:

abhilash.khajuria.39 (12-12-2012), suryansh16 (11-09-2012)

Trainee Gyani
    Suman Das will become famous soon enough Suman Das will become famous soon enough
    Currently Staying In Delhi; But originally From GUWAHATI, ASSAM.. :)
    Groans:

Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

hyperlink this post

I first heard about CLAT when I was preparing for my 10th boards in 2009!! I never portrayed myself as a lawyer thn, bt after a bit of research I came to know what it was all about! I took an online coaching from sriram after my 10th. though I didn't take it seriously initially, but later on from mid 2010 I started preparing. The only thing that helped me out was practise!! I was a regular newspaper reader (I still am!!) and it helped me immensely! I went through various quality magazines like CSR,Manorama, etc to give me a strong hold on both the current and static GK. I also went through the study material given by Sriram and it helped me clear my basics. Then I used various other books like Universal's etc which had a huge number of sample papers and I tried to solve them.I had no fixed study hours! I don't remember investing more than 5 hrs a day for my entrance to be honest!! But while preparing, I customised my study plan. example, I made sure that I focus more on those sections which will fetch me more marks in less time and I can retain the confidence that they are correct. Like the English section.. or the GK section. Any-ways, I shall post something on how to systemically study for CLAT. But overall, I was happy with my performance I Cleared CLAT and got in NUJS, West Bengal. I also cleared AILET and am currently in NLU Delhi!!

I Hope you aspirants also get into a reputed law school with your hard wok!!
    All The Best!!
    :)
  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suman Das For This Useful Post:

aloka (12-18-2013), suryansh16 (11-09-2012)

Master Gyani
    shivangisinha will become famous soon enough shivangisinha will become famous soon enough
    Groans:

Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

hyperlink this post

Although I took a one year course, we had this terrific study group in the final one month. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am (i.e. at a tier I Law school). I would strongly recommend it if possible for you - whether online or face or face (preferably). Also, be active on Facebook groups - it helped me, and now that they are even better than they were in my time, they will surely help you. Make sure you don't waste your time on the wrong books. It is better to spend an hour researching which book is the best than wasting ten studying the wrong book. Sometimes, even the best of them have wrong answers, so if you're confident that something's wrong with one of them, get it verified with a mentor/teacher.

Aim for nothing but a top Law school. You deserve it.

Note: Fill your preferences with care - a lot of people got screwed because of it this year even after doing well. If you do it, you'll have no one but yourself to blame.
  18. The Following User Says Thank You to shivangisinha For This Useful Post:

suryansh16 (11-09-2012)

Results 1 to 10 of 11 Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Advertising
Advertising
Advertising

SEO by vBSEO

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34